All businesses have to start somewhere, and if you are in the early stages of your business, you may want to give off the impression that your company is bigger than it is. This is an effective way to instil trust and to make your customers confident in what you are offering them. But how do you go about it? Read on for some top tips…
- Invest in a business telephone service – If you only have one or two employees, you may not see the need for a professional telephone service for your business. However, by having a business system in place, it makes your business seem much more professional. Of course, if you don’t even have a telephone option, now is the time to add one. Customers are much more likely to trust in businesses when they have several methods of getting in touch with them, instead of simply being provided with an email address.
- Get a prestigious business address – Companies like PGOS can give you a prestigious business address. With a virtual office, you can work in any location, yet you will have a physical address to provide your customers with. This can make your company look a lot bigger than it is.
- Use bigger invoice numbers – Another way to make your growing company look bigger is to use higher numbers when sending out your invoices and quotes to clients. Don’t start with #1, but instead start with #600. This will give out the appearance that your company has been in operation for a lot longer than it has and that you have had more clients than you have had. If you only use small invoice numbers, clients will assume that you have not had much experience and that you have only been in operation for a few weeks.
- Switch up your website – You should also pay special attention to your website. There are a number of ways you can change your website to make your company appear bigger and more trustworthy. Ensure that branding is consistent throughout and that your website is stylish and professional. The content that you incorporate is pivotal. Don’t use the first person; always use second person.
- Focus on search engine optimisation – Last but not least, it is vital to dedicate a considerable amount of your marketing budget to search engine optimisation. This is a great way to boost your brand image and make your business appear better. After all, when you do a search for a business on Google, what businesses do you tend to assume are the most well established? Of course, it is the ones that feature at the top of the results! You need to ensure your company is near the top, rather than languishing on page two or three.
So there you have it; five top tips to make your growing company appear bigger than it is. Follow the advice mentioned above, and you will enhance your brand image and secure more customers and clients as a consequence.