When you use Skype to send and receive instant messages, you can always review them in the history – which is often helpful. However that same ability does not extend when you’re placing voice or video calls via Skype, and there will be no record of the conversations that you have that you can refer to.
Often that is an inconvenience, especially if you use Skype to discuss business matters. The good news is that it is actually possible to save your Skype calls on a PC if you want to – but you’ll need to use a screen recorder such as Movavi Screen Capture to record them from your screen and then save them on your hard drive.
If you have never tried to record your screen it is understandable if you’re apprehensive about the idea of doing so. The fact of the matter is however that Movavi Screen Capture will make it a piece of cake, and all you need to do is:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture and select ‘Record screen’ in the main menu.
- Use the mouse cursor to draw a frame over the Skype window that you want to record by clicking and dragging.
- Make sure both the ‘System Audio’ and ‘Microphone’ icons are highlighted in green, and click on them once if not.
- When you are ready to start the call, click ‘REC’ to begin recording after a 5 second delay.
- Click ‘Stop’ when the call is done.
- If you want to trim out any parts of your video, position the marker accordingly so you can use the ‘scissors’ icon to split your video into segments. When the segment you want to remove is isolated, select it and click on the ‘trash can’ to delete it.
- Click ‘Save as’ to save your video and choose a format or use one of the built-in presets to automatically optimize it for a particular device or platform.
That is all you need to know about how to record Skype calls with Movavi Screen Capture. If you have a few minutes free it might be a good idea to also explore some of its other features and use them to set the frame rate, capture keyboard and mouse actions, or schedule the recording to automatically stop and start at a particular time.
While you may not need these features right now to record Skype calls, it is part of what makes Movavi Screen Capture so versatile and flexible. Depending on the type of videos you need to record from your screen, you will be able to adjust the parameters and use the features available to make sure you successfully record it.